What is private health insurance?
What is Hospital cover?
What is Extras cover?
Where can I find information about the Australian Government Rebate on health insurance?
Where can I find information about Lifetime Health Cover?
Where can I find information about the Medicare Levy Surcharge?
What are Waiting Periods?
What is a pre-existing condition?
What is an excess?
What is an out-of-pocket expense?
Buying Health Insurance
Up to what age will my children be covered under my policy?
How do I join Qantas Health Insurance?
What payment options are available?
I’m currently under my parent’s policy, when will I need to get my own?
Will I have to serve waiting periods again if I am switching from another health fund?
When will I receive my membership card?
Is there a cooling off period for Qantas Health Insurance?
Managing my Policy
How do I update my details online?
How can I change who is covered on my membership?
What should I do if my Qantas Insurance card is lost or stolen?
Can my partner also make changes to our policy?
Can I suspend my policy if I’m going overseas?
Can I suspend my policy?
How do I change my level of cover?
How do I add my newborn to my policy?
Making a Claim
How do I make a claim?
How do I know if a waiting period still applies for a hospital or extras service?
How do I find out the remaining amount left to claim on my Extras services for the year?
Earning Qantas Points
How many Qantas Points will I earn for joining?
I haven’t received my Qantas Points for joining health insurance?
How many Qantas Points will I earn each year with my health policy?
How many Qantas Points will I earn with the Qantas Wellbeing App?
What is the Active Kids Program benefit?
What is the health insurance referral bonus?
How do I resolve a complaint or dispute?
What information do I need to provide when I lodge a complaint?
Under 30’s Discount
What % discount will I get with the age-based discount?
If I switch health funds, will my age-based discount apply from my previous health fund?
Does my discount apply to Hospital and Extras cover?
I’m already a member - do I get the discount?
What happens if we have a Couples policy?
What if I get an aged-based discount but my partner has a lifetime health cover loading (LHC)?
When will I receive a copy of my FY20 Private Health Insurance Statement?
What do I have to do when lodging my tax return?
What does my Private Health Insurance Statement include?
How can I find a copy of my Private Health Insurance Statement?
What do I do if my Private Health Insurance Statement is incorrect?
What if I didn’t have Hospital cover for the full year?
Will I receive a Lifetime Health Cover Statement at tax time?
How can I contact the Australian Taxation Office?
Flood Disaster Relief package 2022
About the Flood Disaster Relief package
What is the Flood Disaster Relief package?
Am I eligible for the Flood Disaster Relief Package?
When can I apply for the Flood Relief Package?
If I‘ve received a previous disaster relief premium waiver with Qantas Health Insurance, am I still eligible to receive the flood relief waiver?
2022 Health insurance premiums (Updated October 2022)
Why is Qantas Health Insurance increasing its premiums?
Who determines when, and by how much, premiums change?
When will the price change come into effect?
What is driving the increase in premiums?
Why are some product premiums increasing more than others?
When will members be notified of the changes?
Are other health funds increasing their premiums?
Why should I keep my private health insurance cover?
I’m struggling financially, is Qantas Health Insurance offering any additional financial support?
What is Qantas Health Insurance doing to help reduce out-of-pocket expenses?
I paid my premium for the year in advance to avoid the premium changes. Do I need to pay an additional amount?
If I make a payment for premiums due prior to 1 November 2022 will I need to pay the higher premium price?
When is the last date I can make a pre-payment to avoid the premium increase?
What if I have any questions?
COVID-19 Pandemic (updated October 2022)
When is the COVID-19 support package ending?
Is Qantas Health Insurance extending telehealth benefits indefinitely?
What services are covered under telehealth and who’s eligible?
Am I covered for pathology tests for COVID-19?
Will COVID-19 be considered a pre-existing condition?
I have a procedure coming up, what should I do?
I’m struggling financially as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, is Qantas Health Insurance offering any additional financial support?
COVID-19 Cash Give Back
Is Qantas Health Insurance giving back further COVID-19 savings to members?
How much will members receive?
Who is eligible for the COVID cash give back?
Why is Qantas Health Insurance providing a COVID cash give back while increasing my premiums?
What do members need to do to get the payment?
What if you don’t have my bank account details?
When will it land in my bank account?
I’d rather not have a premium increase than receive a giveback payment. Is that possible?
Why are other funds doing much larger cash back offers?
Is this part of the same COVID cash give back provided last year?
How did you decide how much money each policyholder would get?
Has some of the money saved been retained because claims were lower?
Maximum age of dependants reform
What age of dependant changes has the Australian Government introduced to private health insurance?
When will the changes take effect?
What do I need to do to remain as an eligible non-student dependant under my family policy?
What do I need to do to add a new non-student dependant to my policy?
Why haven’t I been contacted about the changes?
Will premium prices increase as a result of the changes?
I am a student dependant studying full-time, am I eligible to stay on my family’s policy up until the age of 31?
Can I stay on my family’s policy after the age of 25 once I’ve completed my full-time studies?
When will the age limit be removed for dependants with a disability in line with the legislation introduced by the Government?
Can I still receive an aged-based discount if I’m a dependant?
What types of car insurance does Qantas offer?
What’s covered under Comprehensive car insurance?
Which car insurance is compulsory to have?
What's the difference between Third Party Property and Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance?
Would Third Party Property, Fire and Theft Insurance cover attempted theft-related damage to my car or personal items stolen from my car?
What is a car insurance excess?
When do I need to pay an excess?
When do I not need to pay an excess?
What is a No Claim Discount?
What is a ‘no fault’ accident?
What is a Target Market Determination (TMD)?
What is “Your duty not to make a misrepresentation”?
Making a claim
I’ve had an accident - what do I do now?
Does Qantas Insurance guarantee the repairs?
My car is a write-off. What happens now?
Do you offer support for paying a car insurance excess?
Managing your Car Insurance policy
Managing your Qantas Car Insurance policy
I’m selling/trading in my car and buying another - can I transfer my insurance to my new car?
How do I set up an online account?
What changes can I make to my car insurance?
Do you subscribe to an industry code?
What if I want to make a complaint?
How can I get help contacting Qantas Car Insurance?
Can you offer assistance if I am experiencing vulnerability or hardship?
What types of home insurance does Qantas Insurance offer?
What does home insurance cover?
What does contents insurance cover?
What optional extras are available with Qantas Home Insurance?
Does home insurance cover storm damage?
Does home insurance cover leaks?
Does home insurance cover termite damage?
Does home insurance cover theft?
Does home insurance cover theft while travelling?
Does home insurance cover breakage?
Does home insurance cover mobile phones?
What is Landlord Insurance?
Does Landlord Insurance cover unpaid rent?
How much does Landlord Insurance cost?
What is an excess?
When do I pay an excess?
What is a Target Market Determination?
What is "Your duty not to make a misrepresentation"?
Buying Home Insurance
Should I get home insurance?
How much is home insurance?
Does Qantas Home Insurance have a cooling-off period?
I’m selling my house - what do I need to do with my insurance?
Can home insurance be transferred to another home?
I’m building a house, so when should I get home insurance?
Do I need to list, or specify, home contents on my policy?
What if the amount I insure my home for is too low?
When does my home insurance take effect?
Making a claim
Can I pay my excess later?
What if I can’t afford to pay the excess?
Do I have to pay an excess when I was not at fault?
What is my excess for a claim if I have Landlord Options covers?
Can I change my home insurance excess?
Before you lodge a claim
How do I make a home insurance claim?
What happens in an emergency?
Am I covered for emergency repairs?
What should I do with my flood-affected contents and carpet?
Will COVID-19 impact my claim?
A water pipe in my home has burst – what do I do?
My home has been burgled – what do I do?
A tree has fallen on my house – what do I do?
Is water damage covered?
Am I covered for flood?
Am I covered for trees falling?
What is not covered by my home insurance policy?
How do I know if it’s worth making a claim?
If I make a claim will my premium increase?
Is there a time limit for making a home insurance claim?
What if I have a question about my claim?
How do I send you the documents supporting my claim?
Am I required to provide proof of loss or damage (e.g., receipts)?
What documents do I need to supply if I’m claiming for the landlord benefit on loss of rent after an insured event?
What documents do I need to supply if I’m claiming for optional landlord covers?
Do I need to supply a police or fire brigade report?
How long will my claim take?
Why are you asking me about GST?
Why are you asking me about my ABN?
Could my claim be declined?
Claims assessment, settlement, repairs etc.
What happens in an assessment?
How long does a home claim assessment take?
What if I can’t stay at home?
What are exploratory costs?
What is a leak detection test?
What happens after the assessment?
Can I throw out damaged items?
How long do home insurance repairs take?
Will my storage costs be covered while my home is being repaired?
How do you decide whether to repair or replace damaged contents?
Can I get a home insurance cash payout instead of repair or replacement?
Who will be my main point of contact during the repairs to my home?
Does Qantas Home Insurance guarantee the repairs?
Who will repair my home?
Can I use my own repairer?
Can I choose who replaces my damaged contents?
If only part of a room is damaged, can you ensure that the replacement materials will match the undamaged part?
What is the Scope of Works?
Why am I getting a contract that I need to sign?
How will my home insurance claim be settled?
Are home insurance claim payouts taxable?
How do I complain about the decision to deny my home insurance claim?
Why is home maintenance not covered?
Managing your Home Insurance policy
How can I see and change my home insurance policy details?
Can I change my home insurance at any time?
Does my home insurance renew automatically?
If I cancel my home insurance, will I have to pay a fee?
Can I cancel my home insurance policy and get a refund?
What if I want to make a complaint?
Can you offer assistance if I am experiencing vulnerability or hardship?
Do you subscribe to an industry code?
How can I get help contacting Qantas Home Insurance?
Why should I consider travel insurance?
How do I purchase Qantas Travel Insurance?
Can I book travel insurance online?
Will I be covered for an existing medical condition?
Can I buy Qantas Travel Insurance even though my trip has already started?
Which Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) relates to my policy?
How do I amend my Travel Insurance policy?
I’ve changed the dates for my flights, will my travel insurance details update automatically?
How do I cancel my Travel Insurance policy?
I’m currently stuck overseas and can’t return home as planned. Can I extend my policy dates to cover me if it runs out while I’m still overseas (or buy a new policy)?
What are my options if I'm unable to use my insurance policy due to coronavirus related travel restrictions?
How do I make a Qantas Travel Insurance claim?
Do you accept a positive RAT test as evidence for a claim?
Help while travelling
Travelling when warnings are in place
If the government issues a ‘Do no travel’ warning for coronavirus in my destination and I choose to go there anyway, will I have cover for coronavirus-related expenses?
If the government issues a ‘Do not travel’ warning for my destination while I’m there, will I have cover for coronavirus-related expenses?
Is coronavirus cover available on all plans and what are the benefits?
What’s covered under the Coronavirus Travel Costs benefit?
If I have contracted COVID-19 at any stage before purchasing a policy, must this be declared as an existing medical condition?
What do I do if I test positive to COVID-19 before I'm due to travel?
How do I prepare myself for a possible COVID-19 diagnosis whilst travelling?
What do I do if I get coronavirus on my trip?
If I need medical treatment overseas for coronavirus, will you only pay up to the limit for Coronavirus Travel Costs?
Coronavirus medical expenses
If I get sick with coronavirus on my trip, will my medical expenses be covered?
I’ve had coronavirus before. Am I covered if I experience new symptoms while travelling?
Coronavirus trip cancellation or changes
If I get coronavirus and have to cancel or change my trip, will my costs be covered?
If I have to cancel or change my trip because my travel companion gets coronavirus, will my costs be covered?
Do I need medical proof of my positive COVID-19 result if I need to cancel my trip?
If I cancel or change my trip because I'm worried about getting coronavirus, will my costs be covered?
If I have to cancel or change my trip due to a travel restriction (e.g. a border closure), will my costs be covered?
If the government issues a 'Do not travel' warning for my destination and I cancel or change my trip, will my costs be covered?
What if my PCR test hasn’t come back in time, and I’m denied boarding for my flight or need to cancel my trip, is there any provision to claim in the policy?
Coronavirus quarantine costs
If I'm placed in mandatory quarantine on my trip because I have (or might have) coronavirus, will my quarantine costs be covered?
Does Qantas Travel Insurance require all travellers to be vaccinated for COVID-19?
Will you cover me if I'm not vaccinated?
Will you cover me if I am unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons?
What if I purchase a policy and then I’m unable to travel because I’m not vaccinated, will you provide a refund for the policy?
Buying a Qantas Life Insurance policy
Managing a policy
Managing your existing Qantas Life Insurance policy
Can I cancel my policy if I no longer need it?
Will I earn Qantas Points with my Qantas Life Insurance policy?
Making a claim
How do I make a claim?
How does Bundled Cover work when I make a claim?
What happens in the event both my partner and I pass away and they're my beneficiary?
Code of Practice
Is there assistance with transport to Medical Appointments from rural or regional locations?
What if I’m having difficulty meeting timelines or getting identification documents?
How do I access translation services?
How do I access the National Relay Service?
What can I do if I’m suffering financial hardship and am having trouble paying my premium?
Need more information?
How do I download the Qantas Wellbeing App?
How do I log in?
What if I’ve forgotten my Qantas Frequent Flyer PIN?
What if I’ve forgotten my Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number?
Which phones are compatible with the Qantas Wellbeing App?
How do I upload a profile picture?
How do I remove a profile picture I have uploaded?
Who can see my profile picture?
How can I invite people to be my friend within the App?
Can the Qantas Wellbeing App be used by vision-impaired members?
Do my Qantas Wellbeing App friends need to be members of Qantas Insurance?
Fix Syncing Issues
How do I fix Apple Health or Apple Watch syncing?
How do I fix Samsung Health syncing?
How do I fix Garmin syncing?
How do I fix Fitbit syncing?
How do I fix Google Fit syncing?
How do I fix Strava syncing?
Tracking Your Activities
What is an activity?
What’s the most effective way to track my activities?
How do I change my activity for the Daily or Weekly challenge?
At what time and how often do my step counts reset?
How do I track swimming?
Do I need a wearable?
Does the Qantas Wellbeing App connect to Bluetooth devices?
How can I ensure Apple’s Health App is connected to the Qantas Wellbeing App?
I forgot to sync my App or device with the Qantas Wellbeing App. Will I lose points?
Why isn't my Garmin data showing in the App?
How do I connect my Fitbit to the Qantas Wellbeing App?
How do I disconnect Fitbit from the Qantas Wellbeing App?
How do I change or add a new Fitbit?
How do I enable swimming on Fitbit?
Are all Fitbit devices compatible with the Qantas Wellbeing App?
Can my partner and I link both our Fitbits to the same Qantas Wellbeing App?
Why are the steps I see on my Fitbit device different to the steps in my Qantas Wellbeing App?
How can I ensure the Google Fit App is connected to the Qantas Wellbeing App?
How do I disconnect Strava from the Qantas Wellbeing App?
How can I ensure Strava is connected to the Qantas Wellbeing App?
What other apps and devices can I use with the Qantas Wellbeing App?
Can I use Garmin to track my activity?
Why is my device is not syncing with the Qantas Wellbeing App?
Can I have more than one device synced to the same Qantas Wellbeing App?
Challenges and Badges
When do challenges start and end?
How do I change my daily or weekly goals?
What is the Friends Challenge?
Why do my friends only have until midnight (AEST) to join my Friends Challenge?
What happens if there is a tie?
I started a Friends Challenge but it was terminated - why is this?
How often and when can I change my goals?
Can I be in more than one Friends Challenge?
What is the 7 Day Leaderboard?
What period does the 7 Day Leaderboard cover?
Why does it take up to 12 hours for the Friends Challenge results to be finalised?
Can I leave a Friends Challenge once it's started?
How do I earn badges?
What is the Master of Rings challenge?
What do I enter into the App to complete the tyre pressure check?
How can I check the pressure of my tyres?
How many points can I earn with the Tyre Pressure Check?
How can I change my service reminder?
Why didn’t I receive a reminder to service my vehicle?
How many points can I earn with the Service Check?
Sleep Health Challenge
How do I succeed the sleep health challenge?
How many points can I earn through the sleep health challenge?
What happens if I move or use my phone before my set wake time?
What happens if I don’t enable Motion Tracking or Usage Tracking in the Sleep Health Challenge?
Why didn’t I receive a phone down reminder?
Can I see a results history for my sleep health challenge?
Why can’t I make my bedtime less than 6 hours?
Can I set a different bedtime for different days of the week?
How can I change my bedtime and phone down reminder settings?
How does the “Delay Bedtime by 30 mins” button work?
How do I know if a Challenge or Activity is excluded from the Multiplier?
What is the Multiplier?
How do I qualify for the Multiplier?
28 Day Trial
What is the 28-Day Trial?
What happens when the 28-Day Trial ends?
Do I get to keep the Qantas Points I earned during the Trial?
When does my 28-Day Trial start?
Your Qantas Points
How do I claim the Active Kids Program benefit in the Wellbeing App?
When will the Qantas Points I have earned from the Qantas Wellbeing App be credited to my Qantas Frequent Flyer Account?
Why does my points total in the App look different to the points shown in my Qantas Frequent Flyer account?
Support / Feedback
How do I report a profile picture?
How do I receive support or give feedback about the Qantas Wellbeing App?
I downloaded the App but have since deleted it, yet friends can still see me in the App. How can I be removed?
How do I request for a deceased member and their data to be removed from the Qantas Wellbeing App?
How can I delete my Wellbeing App data?
What happens if I change time-zones?
What happens if my phone is not connected to the internet?
My Qantas Wellbeing App doesn't notify me of friend requests, badges or challenges. How can I fix it?
When I log in to the Qantas Wellbeing App, it displays the message "There is an issue granting access to your account". What's going on?
WIN one of 20 x $2,000 bp gift cards
Simply get a Qantas Car or Home Insurance quote or join by 30 June for your chance to win.
WIN one of 20 x $2,000 bp gift cards
How to enter:
- Log into your Qantas Frequent Flyer account and get a Qantas Car or Home Insurance quote by 30 June and you’ll receive one entry into the draw.
- Join Qantas Car or Home Insurance by 30 June and you'll receive two entries into the draw.
- Be an existing Qantas Car or Home Insurance policyholder as at 30 June and you'll automatically receive two entries into the draw.
Winners will be drawn on 6 July, and announced here by 13 July.
Congratulations to all our lucky winners:
- SUARES, D. - Queens Park, WA
- FACCI, F. - Canterbury, VIC
- JEYAKUMAR, V. - Enfield, NSW
- JANSSEN, C. - Croydon, NSW
- CLAYTON, J. - Cleveland, QLD
- ATKINS, C. - Gooseberry Hill, WA
- JEFFCOAT, J. - Shelly Beach, NSW
- MONCUR, J. - Claremont, WA
- WOOD, J. - Fairlight, NSW
- OKEEFFE, J. - Gilmore, ACT
- HLA, T. - Wentworth Point, NSW
- EDWARDS, N. - Kent Town, SA
- MOUSSAWI, A. - Sans Souci, NSW
- CRUZJR, D. - Rural View, QLD
- KANG, J. - Bentleigh, VIC
- LEIBA, A. - Glen Iris, VIC
- HENNESSY, T. - Belmont, NSW
- MAY, A. - Caulfield South, VIC
- CONDELLO, M. - Bunbury, WA
- WRIGHT, R. - Collingwood, QLD
Promotion Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (Telephone: 13 11 31) (Promoter).
- All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12:01am on Monday 16 May 2022 and closes at 11:59pm on Thursday 30 June 2022. (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
- Entry into the promotion is open only to Australian residents who are Qantas Frequent Flyer members 18 years of age or older, excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
- Qantas Car and Home and Contents Insurance is issued by Auto & General Insurance Company Limited ACN 111 586 353 and is arranged by Qantas Airways Limited (Qantas), Authorised Representative (AR No 261363) of Auto & General Services Pty Ltd AFSL 241411, from whom Qantas receives a commission. You should fully understand the terms and conditions of these products and any existing insurance cover you have before you apply for or change your insurance cover or cancel any existing cover. The information on this website is general advice only and does not take into account your individual needs, objectives or financial situation. Before you decide to buy or to continue to hold an insurance product, you should read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), Target Market Determination (TMD), Financial Services Guide (FSG) and Key Fact Sheets (KFS). New applications and changes to cover are subject to acceptance. Home and Contents Insurance is not available in NT, North QLD or Northern WA.
Entry into the promotion
- Customers (Eligible Entrant) will receive the following entries into the Promotion:
- Eligible Entrants will automatically receive one entry into the draw when they obtain a Qantas Car Insurance quote and quote their Qantas Frequent Flyer number during the Promotion Period (maximum of one entry per Qantas Frequent Flyer number); and/or
- Eligible Entrants will automatically receive one entry into the draw when they obtain a Qantas Home Insurance quote and quote their Qantas Frequent Flyer number during the Promotion Period (maximum of one entry per Qantas Frequent Flyer number); and/or
- Eligible Entrants will automatically receive two entries into the draw for every valid Qantas Car Insurance policy that they hold as at 30 June 2022. Policies can be purchased via the Qantas Insurance website or via the call centre.
- Eligible Entrants will automatically receive two entries into the draw for every valid Qantas Home Insurance policy that they hold as at 30 June 2022. Policies can be purchased via the Qantas Insurance website or via the call centre.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the activation is complete or load is initiated.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
- The draw will take place at 2:00pm on Wednesday 6 July 2022 at MDSA, Level 17, 40 Mount Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
- The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first 20 Eligible Entries drawn will be the prize winners. Each winner will receive one bp gift card to the value of AU$2,000. The bp gift cards can be used to purchase all BP goods and services and are valid until June 2025. The bp gift cards are issued by and remain the property of BP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 53 004 085 616 (BP). By using the bp gift card, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions. For more information about bp gift cards click here.
- The maximum total prize pool value is AU$40,000. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate date on which the prize is taken.
- The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of the prize.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
- The winners will be notified by email and phone (as noted on their Qantas Frequent Flyer account) within 2 business days of the draw and their names will be published on https://insurance.qantas.com/help-and-support/general-insurance/bp-quote-competition-terms-and-conditions from Wednesday 13 July 2022 for a period of 28 days and announced in The Australian newspaper on Wednesday 13 July 2022.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. If the prize remains unclaimed at 5:00pm on Thursday 6 October 2022, a second chance draw will be conducted by the Drawer on Thursday 13 October 2022 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. The winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by email and phone within 2 business days after the draw and their name will be published on https://insurance.qantas.com/help-and-support/general-insurance/bp-quote-competition-terms-and-conditions from Thursday 20 October 2022 for a period of 28 days and announced in The Australian newspaper on Tuesday 20 October 2022.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) and BP will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 19 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
- for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt, third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or
- to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties and any applicable statutory authorities). Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit here to obtain a copy.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Facebook
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
- At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php, and other related policies.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Instagram
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Instagram from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Instagram.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- Authorised under NSW Permit No. NTP/03805, ACT Permit No. TP22/00618 & SA Licence No. T22/475.
Short disclaimer for eDM/Splash page:
- * Promoter: Qantas Airways Limited. Eligible Entrants: Australia resident Qantas Frequent Flyer members aged 18 years or over. Promotion Period: 12:01am 16 May 2022 - 11:59pm 30 June 2022. Entry: Eligible Entrants must either obtain a Qantas Car or Home Insurance quote and provide their Frequent Flyer number for one entry and/or on 30 June 2022, hold a valid Qantas Car or Home Insurance policy for two entries. Draw: 2:00pm on Wednesday 6 July 2022 at MDSA, Level 17, 40 Mount Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. Prizes: 20 x AU$2,000 bp gift cards. The prizes will be dispatched to the winners via mail within four weeks from the date winners are notified. Maximum total prize pool: AU$40,000. Winner notification: By email or phone within 2 business days of the draw. Winners’ names will be published online at https://insurance.qantas.com/help-and-support/general-insurance/bp-quote-competition-terms-and-conditions from Wednesday 13 July 2022 and in The Australian newspaper on Wednesday 13 July 2022. For full competition terms and conditions go to https://insurance.qantas.com/help-and-support/general-insurance/bp-quote-competition-terms-and-conditions. Authorised under NSW Permit No. NTP/03805, ACT Permit No. TP22/00618 & SA Licence No. T22/475.
Short disclaimer social
- *Conditions apply. Ends 30/06/22. Authorised under NSW Permit No. NTP/03805, ACT Permit No. TP22/00618 & SA Licence No. T22/475.