In these Terms, the words ‘our’, ‘us’ and ‘we’ refer to one or both of:
- Qantas, authorised representative (AR No. 261363) of Auto & General Services Pty Ltd (ABN 61 003 617 909) (AFSL No. 241411); and
- Auto & General Insurance Company Limited (ABN 42 111 586 353) (AFSL No. 285571) (‘Auto & General’),
as required in these Terms. The words ‘you’ and ‘your’ refer to users of this website.
Use and access
This website and its content are made available only to the following persons for bona-fide purposes:
- genuine customers and potential customers interested in purchasing a product from us for themselves or immediate family (with their consent);
- our employees in the course of their employment duties; and
- any other person who has our prior written consent to do so.
By using this website, you warrant that you are such a website user.
You must not use this website or its content:
- for commercial purposes (including, without limitation, for a person's competitive advantage or to our competitive disadvantage);
- in any other manner that is inconsistent with the purposes for which this website is provided;
- in any manner which is in breach of any laws; or
- in any other way that is not expressly permitted by these Terms or us.
Without limiting the above, you will not either yourself or through another party:
- use or access this website or its content in a way that infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of any person;
- copy or disclose to any person any of this website’s content, other than as expressly permitted by these Terms;
- use any method or process (including without limitation, data scraping, collection or accumulation tool, robot, spider or scripted responses) for the purpose of obtaining, processing, copying, replicating, distributing, reconfiguring, republishing, viewing, assessing, analysing, modifying or repackaging this website's content;
- use any method or process to consolidate or combine this website's content with any other content, data, information, images or material;
- reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to construct or identify this website's source code, formulas or processes;
- use, access or retain any website content in any manner or form whatsoever, unless expressly permitted by these Terms;
- use systematic, repetitive or any other methods which are designed to obtain a large number of insurance quotes or other pricing and related information from this website;
- use, obtain or attempt to obtain from the website information in order to identify or discover pricing, underwriting, rating and related business methodology or systems;
- do anything which will or might damage, disrupt access to, or interfere with the proper operation of this website, or any transaction being conducted on it;
- do anything which will or might place an unreasonable load on the website infrastructure;
- when using this website post, distribute or send any 'spamming material' or any other form of bulk communication;
- when using this website impersonate any person or entity;
- when using this website publish, or disseminate any material which is unlawful, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate;
- use this website to harass, defame, abuse, threaten or otherwise offend others; and
- transmit any material which contains viruses, or other computer codes designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the efficient operation of this website, or its software or hardware.
Intellectual Property Rights
The material contained on this website is protected by copyright. Except to the extent permitted by relevant copyright legislation, you must not use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute the material on this website, or create any other material using material on this website, without obtaining our prior written consent.
Trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and logos must not be used or modified in any way without obtaining our prior written consent.
The material, products, technology and processes contained in this website may be the subject of other intellectual property rights owned by us or by third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights other than as set out in these Terms.
This website may contain links to, or frame, websites of third parties ("external sites"). We are not required to maintain or update the links.
Links to, or framing of, external sites should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by us of the owners or operators of the external sites, or for any information, products or services referred to on the external sites unless expressly indicated on this website.
We make no warranties and accept no liability in relation to material contained on external sites.
You must obtain our prior written permission to link to this website.
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypts the information you send through this website. We do not control SSL and cannot guarantee the strength or effectiveness of that encryption.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on your computer. This website and associated websites (including those you reach by clicking on advertising) may store cookies on your web browser.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
Certain statutory warranties under consumer protection laws will be implied for the benefit of consumers. Nothing in these Terms is intended to exclude or restrict the application of such laws but we do not give any guarantee or warranties or make any representation of any kind, express or implied, with respect to use of this website outside these laws.
Subject to claims available under consumer protection laws:
- We are not liable to you or anyone else (including for negligence, breach of contract or tort) for any loss or damage (including specific, indirect, consequential or economic loss) however caused and which is suffered directly or indirectly in connection with the use of this website.
- We are not liable for disruptions to this website.
- We are not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with use of this website or an external site. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for use from this website is free of viruses or anything else that may interfere with or damage the operation of your computer systems.
You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified us and our directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors and related bodies corporate for all loss suffered or incurred, directly or indirectly, as a result of:
- your breach of these Terms;
- your breach of any other legal obligation or law; or
- your use of or access to this Website.
Buying car insurance online
You might use this website to find out more about us and our car insurance products. But if you decide to buy a car insurance policy online, there are some important things you should know.
Buying car insurance online is a two-stage process:
- First, you should apply for an online quote, by providing the information requested on our quote pages. Subject to Auto & General’s underwriting guidelines, we will then give you a quote and a quote number. You can save that quote and we will honour the price for the next 30 days.
- Then, if you decide you want to purchase a car insurance policy online based on that quote, and we offer you that option, you should provide us with the further information requested, and submit an application (i.e. offer) to purchase.
You will not have a policy of insurance with us until each of the following has occurred:
- Our server has received the electronic instruction offering to purchase car insurance from us, and that instruction is recorded within our database.
- Auto & General accept your offer to purchase car insurance.
- We let you know that we have accepted your offer to purchase car insurance, and we show your new policy number on the screen you have been using to apply for insurance. If you haven't received a policy number from us, then you won't have purchased a car insurance policy with us.
We will assume that any electronic instruction received via this website is authentic. We have no obligation to authenticate the identity of any person issuing or transmitting the electronic instructions, or to verify the accuracy or completeness of the electronic instructions. We may act on the electronic instructions sent or received through this website, without any reference to you.
Any car insurance policy purchased via this website must be paid for by direct debit or one of the credit cards we accept.
The amount or amounts due must be paid in full by clear funds by the due date. Details of your payment plan will be provided with your policy documents.
Any application for car insurance made using this website is subject to compliance with your disclosure obligations, our approval process and the terms and conditions of the insurance policy which are set out in our Product Disclosure Statement. You should read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement available from this website before making any decisions regarding the products.
No personal advice
This website does not purport to provide you with personal financial advice or personal investment advice. The information on this website does not take into account your individual circumstances. You should consider whether the car insurance products referred to on this website are appropriate for you, having regard to your objectives, financial situation or needs.
The law applicable in the state of New South Wales will apply to the use of this website and the resolution of any dispute arising from access to and use of the website. You submit to the courts and tribunals of the state of New South Wales.
You may contact us by writing to Qantas Insurance, PO Box 342, Toowong, QLD 4066.