The Australian Government has announced a range of reforms for the private health insurance industry, that have been introduced from 1 April 2019. The key changes are:
- The introduction of Gold, Silver, Bronze and Basic product tiers, making it easier for you to compare, choose and use your health cover.
- Premium discounts of up to 10% if you’re aged 18-29 years old and have or are planning to take out Hospital cover.
- The introduction of a standardised list of hospital services across the industry to help members easily understand what products do and do not cover.
- The removal of cover for some Natural Therapies by all health insurers. A review by the Government found there is no clear evidence that the natural therapies listed for removal have any clinical effectiveness.
- Option to choose a higher level of excess, making your premium more affordable. You’ll be able to choose an increased excess of $750 for singles and $1,500 for couples or families.
For more detail on the reforms, you can contact Qantas Health Insurance on 13 49 60 between 9am-7pm Monday to Friday.